Social Homeschoolers Network was started in May of 2014 by a local homeschool mom. Over the past few years, Social Homeschoolers Network has seen tremendous growth and currently has over 400 students from pre-K through high school. Social Homeschoolers Network is Northwest Arkansas’ fastest-growing professionally organized homeschooling organization, with over 50% growth each year. Social Homeschoolers Network is not just another playgroup; we are a dependable, consistent, reliable, active, and very organized social organization for homeschoolers.
Social Homeschoolers Network is not a co-op; we are an organization that offers social event planning services to local homeschoolers. We do not have any time commitment or volunteer requirements. Our members can relax and enjoy all of the benefits of the Social Homeschoolers Network knowing that our Directors and Team Leaders will take care of all of the planning and organization. You can have peace of mind knowing that all of our Directors and Team Leaders have passed a background check and the state mandated reporter certification, and are CPR and First Aid Certified. Due to the dedication of our Directors and Team Leaders, Social Homeschoolers Network prides itself on being Northwest Arkansas’ most organized and reliable social homeschool organization.
There are two ways to get involved with the Social Homeschoolers Network. First, come to one of our Homeschool Social Days and join us on Facebook. Our Homeschool Social Days are a great way to meet local homeschool families and to start your adventure with Social Homeschoolers Network. They are open to all homeschool families in the area, and there is no membership required. Visit our Facebook group, "NWA Social Homeschoolers" to see our upcoming public meet-ups and additional information. It’s also a great place to ask questions about our group and learn more about SHN: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NWASocialHomeschoolers/
Second, become a member of the Social Homeschoolers Network. By becoming a member, you get to enjoy some awesome perks like:
· Weekly Field Trips: We take fun educational and hands-on field trips EVERY Tuesday! Some of our past Field Trips have included educational programs at local museums and behind the scene tours of businesses and factories. These are not your "run of the mill" type field trips, our Director plans and organizes exceptional and rare field trips to offer our members quality and incomparable experiences for our members.
· Playdates: During the nicer months, we meet at local parks, pools or splash parks, and during the months that are cooler or when there is bad weather we meet inside of local places like Highrise, Skating Rinks, Bowling Alleys and etc.
· Social Days: During our “Social Days” we meet at a local venue where our members come together for Fellowship. During this time, we have an organized gym class (PE) to encourage the students to live a healthy lifestyle, educational workshops, small group activities, youth led groups like book clubs, art class, and so much more. We also do themed days like crazy hair day and pajama day.
· Holiday Parties: We celebrate together with Back to School Parties, Trunk or Treats, Thanksgiving Potlucks, Christmas Parties, Valentine’s Day Parties, Easter Egg Hunts, Dances, Awards Ceremonies and End of School Year Parties.
· Special Events: Some of these events include; Geography Fair, Science Fair, Living Wax Museum, Jr. Entrepreneur Fair, Track and Field Day, Art & Hobby Show's, School Pictures, Family day, Curriculum Sale and Camping Trip.
· Social Mommy Meet-ups & Mentor Moms: We host fun Social Mommy Meet-ups so moms can get to know each other and build lifelong friendships too. We also have a monthly Social Mentor Moms group as a homeschool support group for our Moms. We plan New Member Dinners and Informational meetings for our new families during open enrollment.
· Youth Small Group Social Meet-ups: Our members can enjoy fun grade-specific activities so their child can get to know other children their age. We begin with a small group activity at our Social Days and small group outings. We currently offer a Pre-Teen and Teen group that meets monthly. We are expanding our small groups this Fall to include a Toddler Meet-up and more.
· Community Service: Giving back to our community is one of our main goals. We hold a community service project or activity each month. In the past we have made shoes for children in Uganda, packed meals for families in need through Pack Shack, delivered gifts and food to our local hero’s, placed flags on our veterans graves, worked in local community gardens and much more.
· Yearbook and Class Photos: We will capture all of the fun memories our members have made with their homeschool friends. We do School pictures, Class pictures and Yearbook.
· Awards Ceremony: One of our biggest events of the year is our Awards Ceremony where our students are rewarded for their hard work throughout the year. Awards can be earned through our Presidential Fitness program, Geography Fair, Science Fair, Jr. Entrepreneur Fair, Track and Field Day, 4-H program, Living Wax Museum, Reading programs and much more.
· Additional Programs: To offer more opportunities for our members we have added some additional programs; like our SHN 4-H Club, Presidential Fitness Award, FIRST Lego League Robotics team, SeaPerch Robotics team, Walton Arts Center Colgate Classroom Series membership, Walmart Career Accelerator Program, Shiloh Museum Classroom memberships, Scholastic Book Fair, and much more.
We are always looking for new programs to add and participate in. Our goal is to provide local homeschool students with the same benefits and opportunities as they would get in a traditional school setting. Our Organization provides important tools to help our members achieve their goals and be successful in their home school adventures. You will never have to worry about being bored or your child not getting enough socializing with the Social Homeschoolers Network. Participation in all of our events is completely optional; attend as little or as much as you want. Come see why SHN is Northwest Arkansas' fastest growing homeschool organization.
Becoming a member is easy! Just go to our "Membership" page on this website, fill out the “Request Access” form, and click submit. Once approved, you can login on our “Guest Access” page where you can learn more about our group and sign up to become a member.
We look forward to you joining the Social Homeschoolers Network family and hope to meet you soon!